Indiana has several logistical advantages that help rank it as one of the top areas in the country from a locational standpoint. Indiana ranks first in the nation for interstate access and interstate miles, ninth in rail miles, and 15th in terms of foreign and domestic waterborne shipping. There are active ports on Lake Michigan and the Ohio River, and the state boasts two of the nation’s top 100 cargo airports.
The state has long been known as the "Crossroads of America" and ranks first in the nation in terms of interstate access. Knox County is a prime example of the accessiblity of Indiana and is within 24 hours drive of over 80% of the nation's top markets.
Indiana Logistics Facts...
• 1st in the nation for interstate highway access, with more intersecting highways than any other state.
• 75% of the United States and Canadian populations live within one day's truck drive of Indiana.
• Maintains more than 680 airports, including the second largest hub on the FedEx airfreight network.
• 724 million tons of freight travel through Indiana yearly, making it the fifth busiest state for commercial freight traffic.
• Ranks ninth among all states for railroad mileage and 15th in waterborne shipping.
1101 North 3rd Street
PO Box 701
Vincennes, IN 47591
TEL (812) 886-6993
FAX 812-886-0888 firstname.lastname@example.org